Monday, February 16, 2009

A different start to the day

Today, for the first time in a very long time I had to leave the house at 8:30 to collect my long-stay visa letter. The minute I stood outside my apartment building, bracing the chilly winter air, I apologised to god for how I was complaining about how shitty my life is. I am truly sorry for being an ungrateful bitch. It suddenly hit me how great my life is as I do not have to wake up early in the morning and brace the chilly, crisp winter air as a start to my day. These days, I wake up, brew a cup of coffee and turn on my computer. My work station is right next to the window where I could enjoy the beautiful sunny winter, with a mug of good hot coffee, brewed exactly as I love it -- all in the comfort of my warm apartment. Life could not be any greater than this.

No comments: