Wednesday, February 18, 2009

1st wedding anniversary

When my husband came back from work yesterday evening with his twin brother (his twin sleeps over at our place once a week), he repeatedly asked me if I remember anything important. I was mentally going trough each compartment of my brain, checking if I have indeed missed anything important or if he was pulling another one of his stupid jokes on me in an attempt to run away from washing dishes. Judging from the serious look on his face, I doubt that it's the latter. I looked at his twin brother for any clues, he sighed with disappointment and repeatedly shaked his head. Now what have I done, did they know that I spent 40 min on net a porter, oogling the designer shoes on the pretext of working!

Disappointed that I totally have no clue on what he was talking about, he asked me the 1 million dollar question -- "Baby, what happen one year ago on this date?" Then, the memory came flashing in my brain, like blood gushing out of the body after being repeatedly stabbed -- With horror I said "Oh, it's our birthday anniversary baby, I momentarily forgot". For a moment, he was aghast that the date slipped off my mind but after showering him with many, many kisses he quickly proclaimed that he's happy for I am the one to forget the date and not him and mentioned that if the case was otherwise, the mistake would have been remembered, remarked, rementioned and retold on every valentines, anniversaries and birthdays in the next year to come -- and not only on our anniversaries, valentines and birthdays but perhaps it will be mention everytime anybody even breathe in those three occasions. What he said, was indeed funny.

Truthfully, in my bewildered state of juggling work, thesis, unproductive Internet surfing activity and failure in getting tickets to Barcelona -- the anniversary date totally slipped off my mind.

I blew it off this time around. I secretly think that he is happy for I had forgotten the anniversary date as he will be off the hook in remembering it for the years to come. I will have to come out with a reverse plan to fix the situation.

I remembered that his family was not there when we got married at the mosque. Tonight I will say to him that I want our wedding anniversary to be the date signficant for the both of us - translation - I would like it to be the day where we share the moment with our families, close friends, etc. Ergo, our actual wedding anniversary is in March on a date that I could not remember but will find out before the evening ends. Hopefully, this reverse plan will work.

2 comments:

Lizeewong said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary dear!!

Time really flies. I remember almost a year ago, I was at your wedding, telling you how beautiful you were in your songket. I also remember the first time you attempted Karaoke in public...Hehehehe...You held the mike for like 10 seconds right?

Ash.P said...

Happy anniversary babe...
yes nice wedding..i remember too