Saturday, February 7, 2009

A busy week

Truthfully, this week has been really busy for this lonely Montauban gal ;-)

I start my day waking up the minute my husband goes to work, which is around 7.30-8.00 am - a validation that I am busy girl and I need to start my day early.. ;-) Well that's half-truth....the actual fact is, I am busy as I am supposed to work full time this month for a workshop that I am organising in Jakarta, in March. Yes, yes!! Im coming back to KL after the Jakarta workshop and will spend two weeks there....I can't wait. Although, I am busy -- working from home is extremely difficult. It needs a lot of self control, which I don't really have. One minute I was working, the other minute I was on Facebook/Skype/You Tube. The next minute making coffee, browsing the net, shopping online -- grr it seems impossible to spend one hour working effectively.

I have huge task in getting USD150,000-200,000 funding for a conference in Vienna next year, the only reason why they are hiring me till June ... which, up till now I have absolutely no clue on how will I successfully convince the paralysed world economy and major donor agencies to spend money on CSR issue. They already have huge debts to foot, who am I kidding thinking that they actually give a damn if somebody die of AIDS tomorrow.

This contract is absolutely important for me, as I know for sure if this contract does not come along, I can kiss goodbye to working in the line that I am in and I should start realigning my career path to entering the corporate world. Not by choice but there's no job remotely close to what I am doing now, where I am now (sigh).

Well I won't quit before I try, I will try as hard as I could and brace myself for all the difficulties. And if I can't swing it, at least I have given the best that I could.

I should chant this to myself over and over again and get OFF Facebook, and other temptations alike starting now...

2 comments:

Lizeewong said...

Hi dear...

I havent got a name for the baby but I've been busy searching for one in the net.That's how I found Alden's name ;-)

Anyway, I so envy you! You'll be in KL for 2 weeks!!! You must eat to your heart's content and bring some stuff that u cant get in France.

And about your job, what you said rendered me speechless. The magnitude of your task is unimaginable and scary - USD150000??? Having said that, I'm certain that you can pull it off. They wouldnt have given you the task if they didnt think you were capable of it. I have faith in you and as you said, just give it a shot before even giving up. You can do it dear!!

Carpe Diem 211 said...

Hmm...i was on the net looking for baby gal's name, he...he..atlthough I'm pretty sure what I found will be considered as lame and common to your very high and unique expectation.... ;-) It has to start with aplhabet A too I suppose.. ;-)

Yes the job is difficult, if not because of the failing economy, I may be able to do it. Now , I am not too certain, although will give it my best shot.

How's your study getting on. Will you get some holidays after giving birth? Will your parents come to NZ to see you and the baby...ah...it's all so exciting dear..I'm ecstatic for you.