Friday, February 20, 2009

All very exciting

I just sent in the final budget and proposal for the 2010 project that I'm hoping to work on come summer. With contingencies allocation being added on the total project cost -- the budget has skyrocketed to USD400k! Although the overall cost is huge, I'd worked out a plan to divide the funding demands into smaller chunks and pieces making it do-able considering the lead time that I have.


Drafting the budget also means that I have to factor in my manhours (womanhours) for the project. It's kinda strange to be putting price tag on yourself and I spent the whole evening yesterday thinking the best diplomatic approach to this matter. So after some hours weighing the numbers, I have decided to give the rate that I hope to receive should I get a job here in France (plus additional 50%factoring retirement package and taxes). Well, the job is full time only from Jan-July 2010, so the retirement package is not that necessary, but well since I'm drafting it, I might as well include whatever works for me.. ;-)


My boss essentially approve the budget with no questions whatsoever. Pretty neat huh! I am so excited and motivated to get the ball rolling and not let the momentum slide. It's so easy for my motivation and momentum to slide, when working from home as I've got nobody watching my back and Facebook, Blogspot, Movies Online and Online Shopping luring me away from 'real' responsibilities!

1 comment:

Ash.P said...

Congrate babe on the approve budget. About being disipline, I think u will be ok.