Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Visa de Retour

I am going to London tomorrow to meet Ayu and Nadrah and we're going to spend two weeks together travelling England, Barcelona and Paris. I have planned for my two weeks vacation with Ayu and Nadhrah--since Ayu and I made our mind about moving to Europe two years ago. This is the much-awaited vacation of my 30s. It's like reminiscing my early 20s Western Europe travel with Ayu, only this time around -- we're doing it with our own schedule. Nothing like the Contiki tour where we had to wake up at the most absurd hours of the day to get on the bus to take us to the next destinatin. Come to think of it, we may have spend 30% of our travel days in Europe, on the bus!

Anyways, I had an appointment with ANAEM yesterday for standard medical check-up an interview (where they will test my French acquisition and give me 200-400 hours free French classes). And after a 30min interview I was given 300 hours of free French lesson (20 hours a week). I have been warned that I am not allowed to change school -- for whatever reason. I have to sit for the 300 hour class at the school that has been assigned for me. And if the 300 hours in incomplete I will be considered as 'non-integrated' and may not be granted visa, when my current visa expired. The first class will start on 18th of May. Well I'll let you know if I like it or not. Did I mention that there's a test that i have to take by the end of the class...

And whilst sitting for the interview and medical check up, I realised that my recippisse (document that I have to carry with me as an ID while waiting for my long term visa to be ready) has expired. I was told by the lady that works at ANAEM that I am not allowed to travel out of France before receiving my long term visa. I think my heart stopped beating for several seconds after she finished her sentence. Apprently I have to get French government's 'permission' should I want to go out of France otherwise I may not gain entry back to the country. What crock of shit right. I don't even understand why they have such supid regulation. C'est bizzare!!

Well I spent the whole day today to process the visa and thank god it was being granted. Otherwise I will have more reason to hate this country.

No comments: